Saturday, April 11, 2009

"The Examined Life"

The Denver Film Society will present a film called, "The Examined Life," at the Starz Film Center at The Tivoli on the Metro State College of Denver Campus. After the showing on April 17, there will be a panel discussion with Metro State philosophy professors. I hope to see some of you there.

I doubt I will agree with much that is said in the film, given the philosophers chosen to be interviewed, but it is rare that contemporary film tackles philosophy head on at all.

4 comments:

Sarah Schoonmaker said...

I have heard of this and plan to go, especially since two of my current professors will be on the panel. I have really enjoyed engaging them with many questions and for the ways they challenge me in return. Even though you will not agree with them on many issues, they are worth dialoging with.

Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D. said...

Sarah:

I look forward to seeing you there. Hope a few Densem students will come also.

DG

C. Metcalfe said...

I plan on being there.

Sarah Schoonmaker said...

DG:

It will be good to see you too. I'm hoping some of my DenSem friends are able to make it.


Curt:

See you there. Based on our last conversation about UCD Philosophy, I think you would really enjoy Andrew Winters (one of the panel members) as a prof. I highly recommend taking a class from him this fall if possible.

Sarah