Here are five reasons to not watch the Super Bowl:
1. It does not befit the Christian Sunday, a time for worship, rest, reflection.
2. The game is inherently violent and punishing on the bodies that participate and on the consciousness of those who immerse themselves in its debaucheries.
"Do not envy the violent or choose any of their ways. For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence"--Proverbs 3:31-32.
3. The players are paid obscenely high amounts of money, given what they do. This should not be supported.
4. Life is short: you could be doing something restful or productive in some way.
5. The commercials will appeal to all or most all of the seven deadly sins (actually, all sin is deadly), and tempt you thereby. The cutaways to the cheerleaders will do the same thing (for the men; and how many women watch this nonsense?)
You can find my essay against football elsewhere on this blog.