Saturday, December 12, 2009

Unmasking the New Age (again)


US Today reported recently that "More US Christians mix 'Eastern,' New Age Beliefs." Sadly, many churchgoers are taking unbiblical beliefs with them and into the rest of their lives.

Much to my amazement, my first book, Unmasking the New Age, has been reprinted, now in the 23rd printing. 151, 863 copies are in print. It was published in 1986. While some of the players have changed, the basic issues concerning the New Age worldview (pantheism, monism, occultism, reincarnation) have not changed. If you want to understand the thinking of Deepak Chopra, The Secret, etc., and compare it with Christianity, this book can help.

5 comments:

Quintessential said...

Several years back the chapter in this book on the New Age Jesus was extremely helpful to me. Thanks!

Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D. said...

Very good. I have a whole book on that topic, which is in print: Jesus in an Age of Controversy.

Quintessential said...

I picked that one up since then. Great material! Thanks!

Quintessential said...

I picked that one up since then. Great material. Thanks!

HiTechT said...

I've read both of these books, and they were very helpful in my theologically formative years (I'm still forming!). Just pulled Jesus in an Age of Controversy of the shelf again for a refresher about a week ago. The book is well written and helpful.

Thanks for both of them, DG.