Friday, May 02, 2008

Nina: Bark From Beyond

One must seize the day to be contemporary. So, my next book will be called Nina: Bark from Beyond. Books about dogs are hot; books by psychics are hot.

It was inevitable; it will be invaluable: a book about a dog's after death experience that gives transcendental wisdom to all! Nina: The Bark from Beyond.

Nina (named after my Grandmother) was my beautiful and smart Husky/German Shepherd dog, who lived (on earth) from 1964-1976. We grew up together. I still miss her. She was sleek, fast, and had a "million dollar bark," as my father used to say, given how she looked out for my mother and me.

But now she has barked from the beyond into my own inner consciousness. She is free from the leash, unfettered by materiality, unbound by human "masters." She is a master herself and ready to reveal all--from the other side.

Yes, I have started to receive messages from the beloved and departed Nina. In the stillness of my soul, she speaks. I know that bark, the bark of cosmic wisdom. It is hard to put into words, but without putting it into words, I cannot write a bestseller, so the bark becomes book, and the book may become a bonanza.

Nina has a message for the world, a message of hope--for dogs, cats, rats, men, and women, even Democrats. It is a bark to spark, a bark to harken to, a bark to hasten to, a bark on the mark.

Nina: Bark From Beyond, published by CosmicCanineCon Press, will soon be in a bookstores near you.

(This is, of course, a satire. For the biblical view of all occult activity, see Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Revelation 22:15; etc.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oprah would jump on this book faster than a dog on table scraps.

Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D. said...

That's part of the plan!