Saturday, May 10, 2008

Time Has Come Today

Some of you know that I have been working on an apologetics textbook, What Matters Most, for years. I started it in 2003. Thus far, it is huge (perhaps 500 pages of typed text, double-spaced; maybe 20 chapters), but it still needs revising and new writing. Thus, I have received the word from my agent/editor that since the school term has almost ended, we need to focus on finishing this monster. This means that The Constructive Curmudgeon needs to go into virtual hibernation for several months. What does this look like?

1. No wrangling with critics.
2. No new essay posts to speak of.
3. Posts limited to links and brief thoughts.

At least, this is my goal, since I need to turn from the more ephemeral (but fast) to the more permanent (but slow). It is in a word a matter of discipline.

6 comments:

Paul D. Adams said...

What? A monograph usurping cyberspeak? What has become of you, Dr. G?

No need to respond since written words are a cherished commodity ;-.

Daniel said...

I'm really looking forward to the apologetics textbook. Good luck!

Tom Gilson said...

Ah, you face the dragon of delayed gratification. What did writers do before blogging? Wait a few days, a few weeks--a few years, even--to get into print?! I want to be published, and I want to be published now!

I'm not ascribing that attitude to you, mind you; I'm talking about myself. I deal with that tension all the time.

Fran Szarejko said...

Blessings to you as you work on your book. I look forward to reading the finished product.

Fran S.

Fran Szarejko said...

Blessings to you as you finish your book. I Look forward to reading the finished product. I have an advanced degree in apologetics and can see the need for more instruction in apologetics.

Fran S.

Kyl Schalk said...

500!!