Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Blog recess, holiday, dead zone: A personal note

Since I am moving back to Denver, Colorado, in the next few days (having been in Sun City West, Arizona since late August), I will not likely be posting anything on this internationally ignored blog. Maybe you need a blog holiday, too. If so, read a book; stay off line for a spell.

I am rereading a modern classic: True Spirituality by Francis Schaeffer. If you have not read this book, you need to. If you have not read it in several years, you may need to read it again. Schaeffer is clear, biblical, and stirring. At the heart of all of Schaeffer's ministry was a rich and deep spiritual life, which is explained in this work.

If you are the praying sort, you might pray for a safe trip back, especially considering the blizzards that have hit Colorado recently. My loyal friend, Pat Knapp, is flying out and driving one of the cars back with me. (We bought a car here.)

I look forward to seeing all my Denver friends again after such a long time away, but I do not look forward to the Denver weather (I biked twenty miles today in 75 degrees) or to leaving many of the fine people we know here, especially Rebecca's family, my old friend Paul Adams (who bought me a fantastic Italian dinner tonight!), and those associated with Covenant of Grace Church, where I attended and volunteered during my time here.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Praying for safe and enjoyable travel. Keep an eye on this next storm. Forcasts keep changing. So far no one is predicting a lot snow, but then no one really predicted blizzard #1 before Christmas.

Welcome home you been missed!

Paul D. Adams said...

A fantastic dinner indeed, but the conversation was divine! Thanks, Doug, for your faithful friendship and constant encouragement toward Christlikeness. Sincerely appreciated spending the time with you this season.
"A friend loves at all times" (Pr. 17:17)

-- paul