Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Curmudgeon Etiquette

Given the world-historical significance of this blog, and the august roster of its contributors, it is incumbent upon me to enumerate three items of etiquette for those posting responses.

1. Please use normal punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and sentence structure. I don't mind a few random mistakes--my entries are not free of them--but a curmudgeon is bothered by the avoidance of capital letters, sentence fragments, and egregious and multiple misspellings.

2. Please endeavor to give arguments or insightful comments. Diatribes and excoriations are better left to me... Emotive utterances are best expressed elsewhere (if there).

3. Realize that I am the publisher and editor and writer (Marshall McLuhan saw all this kind of thing coming long ago) of this blog. So, your comments are submissions, not entitlements. I am free to delete them if I deem them offensive or otherwise inappropriate. I seldom do this, but sometimes indulge the right.

4 comments:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

What if I wish to quote e e cummings?
:: wink ::

Beth said...

Thanks for the guidelines, and the humor and forbearance with which they were given. As someone else said, the guidelines were convicting. Perhaps you could make them a regular feature on the right sidebar.

Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D. said...

ee, ok.

Milton Stanley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.