Monday, December 03, 2012
An Argument Against the Koran from the Koran
AN Argument Against the Koran from the Koran
Summarized from “The Challenge of Islam” in Douglas Groothuis, Christian Apologetics
1. The Koran says to check the Bible for the Koran’s own accuracy.
2. We have copies today of Bibles from the time of the writing of Koran.
3. These Bibles are essentially the same as what we now have in contemporary translations.
4. Our Bibles affirm the distinctive beliefs of Christianity that Islam denies:
a. The Trinity (Matthew 28:18-20)
b. The deity of Christ (John 1:1-3)
c. Salvation by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8)
5. Therefore (A), the Koran refutes itself when it can be verified by the Bible.
6. Therefore (B), The Koran is false in its defining beliefs (denying the Trinity, the deity of Christ, and salvation by faith alone).
7. Therefore (C), Islam is a false religion (1 John 4:1-6).