Sunday, January 16, 2011

Atheists and the problem of evil

"Debunking Christianity" has published my on line article, "Assessing the Problem of Evil." There will probably be a host of criticisms and outright attacks. I cannot monitor all of these, since I am too busy finishing my book, preparing for school, and more. If you are interested in joining the discussion, here it is.

If you find anything there that disturbs your Christian commitments, don't panic. Contact me or just go to a good apologetics web site as William Lane Craig's.

5 comments:

colet1499 said...

Doug, your first link is dead.

Douglas Groothuis, Ph.D. said...

I fixed it. Thanks.

Dr. Polhemus said...

Do you have any quick thoughts on Sam Harris's "Moral Landscape"?

For those who haven't read it, the book argues for morality without religion. My very short summary: "There is obviously a lot of suffering around. Sure would be great if there was less. Let's see what we can do about that."

Anonymous said...

It's pretty brutal in there but I enjoy it nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

What a great topic. I checked out the website, boy, it's a firestorm in there but so very interesting.