Let none of my burgeoning list of "friends" be offended, but I have disabled my Facebook
account. I think I was on for about two weeks. I was troubled by some of the photographs and really did not see any point to it. The signal to noise ratio did not cut it. It was also a bit taxing to keep up with "friends" requests and to develop a rationale for what a "friend" was and, thus, who should be a "friend." It was all too virtual for me, I afraid.
Back to embodiment:
1. Face to face conversations
2. Telephone conversations
3. Meals together
4. Time alone, unplugged, focused
5. Reading books, magazines, not screens
6. Time and space with real friends here and now
7. Time and space with real students from my classes here and now
In other words, back to faces and books, not Facebook.