The Seven Habits of Highly Testy Philosophers
2. Memorize logical fallacies and deploy them obnoxiously.
3. Use obscure Latin phrases for arguments whenever possible.
4. Quote philosophers at the most inappropriate times: "Take out the garbage? As Schopenhauer said..."
5. Give actual arguments in letters to the editor.
6. Assign philosophy texts to your students--and your friends and your family members.
7. Think Win/Win: You win all your arguments; and others get to feel the power of your winning.