Rude Things Students Do
1. Walk in 15 minutes late with the iPod so loud that all the students can hear it until the student tums it off some time after getting seated.
2. Checking IMs or cell message during class--repeatedly, even when I am standing right in front of them in the front row.
3. Playing with or cleaning one's toenails while in class.
4. Playing video games or doing on-line shopping while in class. (Hey, ask me want. My Coltrane and Miles collection is not complete.)
5. Clipping fingernails in class.
6. Asking for the assignment two days before it is due when it was handed out two weeks earlier.
7. Looking at the clock repeatedly--within the first ten minutes of class. (I called on this student, who also liked to yawn loudly. He dropped the class rather quickly after that.)
8. Eating entire meals in class--and not during break.
9. Read a book--not the textbook--while the teacher (me) is lecturing.
Can you top these? I'm afraid some of you can.