Sunday, September 30, 2012
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Duke and the Gals
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Another Obama Lie
Vote for Romney-Ryan--if you still respect America more than Islam.
Sunday, September 09, 2012
From Huxley to Orwell
Wisdom from Schaeffer
Saturday, September 08, 2012
Co-belligerency and the 2012 Election
Many Christians are unaware of the principle of co-belligerency in matters of public life. Briefly, it is based on two biblical principles: natural law (Rom. 2:14-5) and the commonweal (Jeremiah 19:7). This matters for this election and the Kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33).
1. One does not need to be a Christian to discern basic principles of right and wrong. In fact, some non-Christians understand morality better than some Christians. This has nothing to do with salvation, but with moral knowledge, in politics and elsewhere.
2. The church is not the whole of life. Christians are citizens of heaven first, but also citizens of earth and put here to have dominion and be salt and light. We should seek the good of the city to which we are exiled, as Jeremiah put it.
3. Therefore, it is no sin for a Christian to vote for someone who is not a Christian, if that non-Christian has more moral and political knowledge than his opponent, and if he or she is more likely to contribute to the commonweal. Mitt Romney would not be Pastor-in-Chief, but Commander-in-Chief. His beliefs align with those of our Founders far better than our present President, who, in his own words wants to "fundamentally transform America"--meaning: undo the Constitution and cut America down to size. (See "2016: Obama's America" on this for a keen abductive argument that explains Obama to a "T".) Romney has experience in fixing dire problems, such as the Olympics and failing businesses. Obama has fixed nothing, but has exacerbated economic, moral, and military problems nearly beyond control.
4. Therefore: Vote for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan and contribute to their campaign any way you can.
Friends, this is supply side economics. It works: Kennedy knew it; Reagan knew it. See also the Laffer curve for the details in economics.
Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Eleven Items of Infamy
1. Abortion on demand, paid for by tax dollars. You also like "partial birth abortions," which Obama supports and would have us pay for if he gets his way
2. Declining freedom of religion, due to statism.
3. Enormous debt with no plan to fix it. We become like Greece in 2-3 years.
4. Cutting our military in a terribly dangerous world.
5. A Constitution viewed
6. Marriage re-defined as same-sex and to be supported as such by civil government.
7. More long-term unemployment, due to Keynesian (at best!) principles which always fail. Is this good for "the poor"?
8. Government take over of health care, meaning less choice, more debt, and rationing by state panels.
9. A President who plays golf (over 100 times thus far) more than he meets with his "jobs counsel." (This might be good, though.)
10. A man who wants to cut America down to size and who does not believe in American exceptionalism: that is, liberty under God's law.
11. A man who has never fixed anything, who knows nothing of business or how the private sector works, and who is arrogant beyond belief.
And you have the nerve to "like" this man? If so, do not vote for him. Send him an air kiss instead.
Monday, September 03, 2012
Sunday, September 02, 2012
Denver Seminary’s New Christian Apologetics and Ethics Master’s Degree
"Douglas Groothuis has established the reputation of being one of the best apologists and Christian philosophers in the Evangelical community. Now he has developed a new and exciting program in Christian apologetics and ethics. This program is very important in light of contemporary culture, and any student who studies with Groothuis and his colleagues will get first-rate training. I highly recommend this program." JP Moreland